33-208.504 Criteria for Assignment to Staff Housing.
The warden shall assign staff housing based upon the best interests of the institution and the following:
(1) Houses, Apartments and Mobile Homes.
(a) To the extent that houses, apartments and mobile homes are available, certain priority staff of a major institution shall be required to live at the institution of their assignment so that emergencies can be resolved with a minimum of delay. An institution with insufficient housing for its priority staff may be allocated such housing at a nearby institution by the Regional Director. The following priority staff are listed in the order of priority by which the assignment of at least one employee in each category shall be considered by the warden. The warden also has authority to recommend that these personnel live off the grounds. Only the Secretary may alter these priorities based upon proof of an employee’s significant personal hardship or in the best interests of the Department.
2. Assistant Warden.
3. Chief of Security.
4. Regional Directors.
4. Licensed Medical Representative, who is either a Physician, Clinical Associate, or Registered Nurse, or Licensed Practical Nurse.
5. Maintenance Representative, who is qualified to respond to varied maintenance emergencies.
6. Fire Chief or Firefighter Supervisor, where such position is authorized.
7. Senior or Supervising Chaplain.
(b) No change.
(2) through (5) No change.
Specific Authority 20.315, 944.09(1), 945.025(1) FS. Law Implemented 20.315, 944.09(1), 945.025(1) FS. History–New 9-1-88, Amended 9-5-89, Formerly 33-26.004, 33-602.504, Amended 8-16-00, 4-8-02, 1-19-03, 3-30-05, ________.