NOTICE OF CHANGES TO PROPOSED RULE
The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission announces a change to the above-referenced proposed rule, as a result of comments provided by the staff of the Joint Administrative Procedures Committee of the Florida Legislature. The change makes a slight change to clarify the wording of the prohibition of the possession of firearms during crossbow season to apply “while crossbow hunting.” The rule as changed will now read as follows:
68A-12.002 General Methods of Taking Game; Prohibitions.
(1) through (2) No change.
(3) Game birds, crows or game mammals may be taken with any of the following:
(a) through (c) No change.
(d) Bow or crossbow.
1. The possession or use of arrows having explosive or drug-administering heads while hunting is prohibited.
2. Any arrow used in the hunting of deer, hog or turkey shall be equipped with a broadhead that has a minimum of two sharpened edges with a minimum width of 7/8 inches.
3. Hunting with a bow equipped with sights or aiming devices with electronic computational capabilities or light projection (laser) features during any archery season is prohibited.
4. No person shall possess any firearm or crossbow while archery hunting during any special archery season.
5. No person shall possess any firearm while crossbow hunting during any crossbow season.
(e) No change.
(4) through (9) No change.
PROPOSED EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2006.
Specific Authority Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. Law Implemented Art. IV. Sec. 9, Fla. Const. History–New 8-1-79, Amended 6-4-81, 11-17-81, 6-21-82, 7-1-83, 7-1-84, 7-1-85, Formerly 39-12.02, Amended 6-1-86, 4-11-90, 4-14-92, 4-20-93, 3-1-94, 3-30-95, 4-1-96, 12-28-98, Formerly 39-12.002, Amended 7-1-05, .