61G6-8.002: Special Assessment Fee
PURPOSE AND EFFECT: The Board proposes to impose an assessment to reduce budgetary deficit.
SUMMARY: An assessment will reduce the budgetary deficit.
SUMMARY OF STATEMENT OF ESTIMATED REGULATORY COSTS: A Statement of Estimated Regulatory Cost has been prepared and is available by contacting Juanita Chastain, Executive Director, at the address listed below.
• The estimated number of individuals likely to be required to comply with this rule amendment is approximately 12,000 licensed electrical contractors.
• There will be no additional costs incurred by the agency for enforcing the proposed change to the rule.
• No small county or small city will be impacted by the proposed rule.
• More than 5,000 small businesses will be affected by the proposed rule.
• Licensees will be required to pay a one-time assessment of $75.00.
Any person who wishes to provide information regarding a statement of estimated regulatory costs, or provide a proposal for a lower cost regulatory alternative must do so in writing within 21 days of this notice.
SPECIFIC AUTHORITY: 455.219(2), 489.507(3) FS.
LAW IMPLEMENTED: 455.219(2) FS.
IF REQUESTED WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE, A HEARING WILL BE SCHEDULED AND ANNOUNCED IN FAW.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE IS: Juanita Chastain, Executive Director, Electrical Contractors’ Licensing Board, 1940 North Monroe Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0750
THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE IS:
61G6-8.002 Special Assessment Fee.
(1) In order to eliminate the current cash deficit in the operating funds of the Board and to maintain the Board’s financial integrity, each active and voluntary inactive license, including all certified or registered electrical contractors, who received their initial license or registration prior to the effective date of this rule shall pay a one-time special assessment fee of seventy-five
twenty-five dollars ($75.00 25.00) no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 31, 2010 2006.
(2) No change.
Specific Authority 455.219(2), 489.507(3) FS. Law Implemented 455.219(2) FS. History–New 6-29-06, Amended_______.