64B5-2.0151: Review Procedure And Methodology For Certification Of Foreign Dental Education Programs
PURPOSE AND EFFECT: The Board proposes to promulgate and adopt rule language to specify the review procedures and methodology for certification of foreign dental education programs.
SUMMARY: The promulgation and adoption of the new rule will specify the review procedures and methodology for certification of foreign dental educations programs.
SUMMARY OF STATEMENT OF ESTIMATED REGULATORY COSTS: No Statement of Estimated Regulatory Cost was prepared.
Any person who wishes to provide information regarding a statement of estimated regulatory costs, or provide a proposal for a lower cost regulatory alternative must do so in writing within 21 days of this notice.
SPECIFIC AUTHORITY: 466.004, 466.008 FS.
LAW IMPLEMENTED: 466.004, 466.008 FS.
IF REQUESTED WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE, A HEARING WILL BE SCHEDULED AND ANNOUNCED IN FAW.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE IS: Sue Foster, Executive Director, Board of Dentistry/MQA, 4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin #C08, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3258
THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE IS:
64B5-2.0151 Review Procedures, Standards and Methodology for Certification of Foreign Education Institutions.
(1) Purpose. The purpose of this rule is to provide the review procedures, standards and methodology to be applied by the Florida Department of Health in surveying and evaluating a foreign dental school which has applied to the Department for certification pursuant to Section 466.008, Florida Statutes.
(2) A foreign dental school which seeks certification pursuant to Section 466.008, Florida Statutes, shall submit the following to the Department:
(a) A completed application form;
(b) A registration fee as prescribed by the Department;
(c) A survey fee as prescribed by the Department;
(d) A completed data base questionnaire. A current catalog and student and faculty handbook should be submitted with the completed data base questionnaire;
(e) A Preliminary Accreditation Consultation Visit (PACV) site visit report prepared by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA); and
(f) A CODA accreditation site visit report.
(3) After items (2)(a) through (f) are provided to the Department, the application form, data base questionnaire, CODA’s PACV site visit report and CODA accreditation site visit report will be presented to a Technical Advisory Committee appointed by the Department in accordance with Section 466.008(3), Florida Statutes. The committee will review the applicant school’s submissions and issue a report to the Department based on an evaluation of the following:
(a) Institutional effectiveness/outcomes assessment.
(b) Curriculum content and scope.
(c) Faculty and staff qualifications and numbers.
(d) Type and adequacy of facilities.
(e) Student attendance.
(f) Patient care services and policies.
(g) Student polices and services.
(h) Research for both faculty and staff.
(i) Quality assurance.
(j) Comprehensive patient care.
(k) Relationship of the school to the university and government; and
(l) Standards of care.
(4) Upon receipt of the report by the Technical Advisory Committee, the Department will notify the applicant school of its intent to grant or deny either provisional or full certification. Certification must be denied if deficiencies found are of such magnitude as to prevent the students in the school from receiving an educational base suitable for the practice of dentistry.
(5) Any school granted either provisional or full certification shall submit to the Department evidence of continued compliance annually. Any material change in the elements listed in (3)(a) through (l) above shall be reported to the Department in writing within fifteen (15) days of the change.
Specific Authority 466.004, 466.008 FS. Law Implemented 466.004, 466.008 FS. History–New_________.