64B2-18.005: Certification of Supervising Physicians
PURPOSE AND EFFECT: The purpose and effect of this amendment is to clarify the process for certifying supervising physicians of Chiropractic Physician’s Assistants.
SUMMARY: The proposed rule amendment clarifies the process for certifying supervising physicians of Chiropractic Physician’s Assistants.
SUMMARY OF STATEMENT OF ESTIMATED REGULATORY COSTS: No Statement of Estimated Regulatory Cost was prepared.
Any person who wishes to provide information regarding a statement of estimated regulatory costs, or provide a proposal for a lower cost regulatory alternative must do so in writing within 21 days of this notice.
SPECIFIC AUTHORITY: 460.405, 460.4165(9) FS.
LAW IMPLEMENTED: 460.4165(6) FS.
IF REQUESTED WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE, A HEARING WILL BE SCHEDULED AND ANNOUNCED IN FAW.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE IS: Joe Baker, Jr., Executive Director, Board of Chiropractic Medicine, 4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin C07, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3259
THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE IS:
64B2-18.005 Certification of Supervising Physicians.
(1) Any chiropractic physician desiring to supervise, employ or work with a certified chiropractic physician’s assistant shall make application to the Board on forms provided by the Board.
(2) As part of the application process, the Board shall interview the supervising chiropractic physician and the certified chiropractic physician’s assistant about the work arrangement proposed in the application.
(2) Upon approval of an application, the Board shall certify the physician or group of physicians to supervise a certified chiropractic physician’s assistant.
(3) Certifications to supervise assistants shall remain valid for one year and must be renewed annually.
(4) A fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00) shall accompany the initial application and annual application by a chiropractic physician or group of chiropractic physicians for authorization to supervise a certified chiropractic physician’s assistant.
Specific Authority 460.405, 460.4165(9) FS. Law Implemented 460.4165(6) FS. History–New 11-25-81, Formerly 21D-18.05, Amended 10-15-92, Formerly 21D-18.005, 61F2-18.005, 59N-18.005, Amended_________.