27M-2.001: Certification for Retained Spring Training Facilities
PURPOSE AND EFFECT: To establish the application processes for certification of spring training facilities and professional sports franchise facilities. Also provides a process for decertification of certified spring training facilities.
SUMMARY: The rule replaces obsolete references including those to particular dates and individuals and replaces them with recurring deadlines based on funding cycle and generic position titles; updates forms utilized in conjunction with the program and fulfills statutory direction for rule adoption relating to new or retained sports franchises despite the fact that the program has operated at the statutory maximum number of franchises for many years.
SUMMARY OF STATEMENT OF ESTIMATED REGULATORY COSTS AND LEGISLATIVE RATIFICATION:
The Agency has determined that this will not have an adverse impact on small business or likely increase directly or indirectly regulatory costs in excess of $200,000 in the aggregate within one year after the implementation of the rule. A SERC has not been prepared by the agency.
Based on analysis from the agency, this rulemaking proceeding is restricted to elimination of obsolete dates, clarification of existing provisions and implementation of a statutory provision not anticipated to have any substantive effect; and would not have an impact on small business or the private sector, the rule is not expected to require legislative ratification.
Any person who wishes to provide information regarding a statement of estimated regulatory costs, or provide a proposal for a lower cost regulatory alternative must do so in writing within 21 days of this notice.
RULEMAKING AUTHORITY: 288.11621(8), 288.1162(2) FS.
LAW IMPLEMENTED: 288.11621, 288.1162 FS.
IF REQUESTED WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE, A HEARING WILL BE SCHEDULED AND ANNOUNCED IN THE FAW.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE IS: Michelle Dennard, Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development, Suite 1902, The Capitol, Tallahassee, Florida 32399, (850)487-2568, firstname.lastname@example.org
THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE IS:
27M-2.001 Certification for
Retained Spring Training Baseball Facilities.
(1) Upon notice as published in the Florida Administrative Weekly, the Florida Sports Foundation will accept applications for certification to receive state funding for Spring Training Baseball Facilities. An applicant must submit an application for certification to the Florida Sports Foundation as indicated in the published notice
by 5:00 p.m., EST, October 2, 2006 in order to be considered for certification. Applications may not be changed once submitted. The original and seven (7) copies of the application should be submitted to the following address:
Florida Sports Foundation
2930 Kerry Forest Parkway, Suite-100
Tallahassee, Florida 32309
(2) Each application will be reviewed based on the requirements set forth in Section 288.11621(2), F.S. (2010)
288.1162(5)(c)2., F.S. (2006).
(3) The Florida Sports Foundation will receive the application and conduct a scoring of each application based on the criteria established in Section 288.11621 (2), F.S. (2010)
288.1162(5)(c)2., F.S. (2006), using the Spring Training Baseball Facility Application Evaluation Criteria Worksheet (OTTED Form 9102-1 (05/2011) incorporated herein by reference. Any discrepancies in the application will be resolved in accordance with Section 288.1162(5)(c)2., F.S. (2006).
(4) The Florida Sports Foundation will complete its review and forward its recommendations for certification to the Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development within thirty (30) days of the close of the application period indicated in the notice published in the Florida Administrative Weekly
by 5:00 p.m., EST, November 30, 2006.
(5) The Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development will review the recommendations within thirty (30) days of receipt from the Florida Sports Foundation
by December 15, 2006. The Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development and the Florida Sports Foundation will meet during the month of December 2006 to review and finalize the certifications. Certifications will be announced by 5:00 p.m. EST, January 2, 2007. After the review, each applicant will be notified as to whether it has been certified.
Specific Authority 288.11621(8) FS. Law Implemented 288.11621(2) FS. History–New 2-12-07, Amended________.