NOTICE TO PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANTS FOR PROFESSIONAL ARCHITECTURAL/ENGINEERING SERVICES/RFQ AE030
The State of
Any firm desiring to provide professional services for this project shall apply for consideration with a letter of application, indicating within the body of the letter, your firm’s specific abilities respective to the particular project’s requirements, office location(s) from which the firm will be doing the work and attach current copies of the following:
1. A copy of the Department of Corrections’ current “Professional Qualifications Supplement” (PQS) (dated September 2004) with current data. The PQS is posted as a related document for printing on the Vendor Bid System under this solicitation at the following website address: http://vbs.dms.state.fl.us/vbs/search.criteria_form.
2. A reproduction of the firm’s current Florida State Board License with the appropriate board governing the discipline offered. If the firm is a corporation, it must be properly chartered with the Department of State to operate in
3. Attach a current copy of the SF330 for the office(s) that will be performing the work. This form may be found at the following website address: http://www.gsa.gov.
4. Evidence of professional liability insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000.
5. Describe scope of work to be assigned to any sub-consultant and include a SF330 for each sub-consultant.
6. Names, specific qualifications and professional memberships of person(s) to be assigned to this project and their respective roles (do not include resumes).
7. Names, addresses and phone numbers of at least five (5) other agencies for whom similar services have been performed within the last five (5) years and the date, project name, brief project description, firm’s project manager and specific services provided in each case.
8. If desired by the firm, additional examples of similar projects completed by persons to be assigned to this project, references (none from current or former Department of Corrections personnel) and any other supporting information.
Submit one original letter of interest and five (5) copies of the required data. The required data shall be submitted in the order listed above. Faxed copies will not be accepted. Applications that do not comply with the instructions set forth above may be considered improper and be disqualified. The plans and specifications developed by the firm awarded this project are subject to reuse in accordance with the requirements of Section 287.055, Florida Statutes, (“Consultants’ Competitive Negotiation Act”).
The awarded firm shall not knowingly engage in this project, on a full time, part time or other basis during the period of this Contract, any current or former employee of the Department where such employment conflicts with Section 112.3185, Florida Statutes.
Respondents will be ranked by a Competitive Selection Committee based on the information received in response to this Request For Qualifications (RFQ). Interviews of all ranked respondents may or may not be required, at the direction of the Committee. If interviews are required they will be held during the week beginning February 4, 2008, ending February 8, 2008. Under the authority delegated to the Secretary of the Department of Corrections by Section 287.055, F.S., sitting as the head of the Department of Corrections, Professional Services Contracts will be awarded to one firm following the recommendations of the Competitive Selection Committee and in accord with the statutory negotiation procedures. All firms responding to this RFQ will be notified by a single posting, after approval by the Secretary, through the following website address: http://vbs.dms.state.fl.us/vbs/search.criteria_form. It is the firm’s responsibility to check the website for updated information.
Response Date: January 7, 2008 by 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) Late submittals will not be opened or considered.
PROJECT: Provide Professional Architectural/Engineering Services to adapt prototypical work camp plans for the work camp at Santa Rosa Correctional Institution. Scope of work includes Design, Environmental Permitting, Bidding Services and Construction Administration of the associated Sitework and Utilities, and expansion of the existing utilities required to service the work camp. Work may entail some architectural support, to assist the Department in adapting building designs to site conditions and may include providing contract administration services. Partial funding is available for the initial site design. Additional funding, contingent upon Legislative appropriation of funds, will be required to complete the design, permitting and construction.
Experience: Candidate firms need to provide information regarding their experience and expertise in design of site work and utilities for correctional institutions, expansions of sewer plants and all associated environmental permitting.
PROJECT NUMBER: FL-55
ESTIMATED CONSTRUCTION COST: $5,400,000.00
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR: Jerry Hatcher, Construction Projects Consultant, (850)413-7858