NOTICE TO PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANTS:
The University of Florida Board of Trustees announces that Professional Services in the discipline of mechanical/electrical engineering will be required for the project listed below:
Project No. 934274, Boiler No. 4 Replacement, Chilled Water Plant #2.
The project consists of designing a replacement for the 150,000 lbs/hr Boiler No. 4 located in the Chilled Water Plant #2. The scope of the project can be summarized as follows:
• Removal of existing boiler and selected fans, pumps, piping, and accessories.
• Design new 150,000 lbs/hr boiler, fans, pumps, piping, controls, and accessories connected to existing campus loop connections.
• Design Electrical as required for boiler replacement.
• Structural and Architectural work as required for boiler replacement and separation of chiller room with boiler room to meet codes.
• Design new controls integrated with DDC control system.
• Temporary removal and re-build of wall to remove/install boiler equipment.
The estimated construction budget is approximately $2.0 million however, this is subject to change. The project is planned to be delivered using the Design-Bid-Build (Lump Sum Hard Bid) method.
The selected firm will provide design, construction documents and construction administration services for the referenced project. Blanket professional liability insurance will be required for this project in the amount of $1,000,000, and will be provided as a part of Basic Services. Plans and specifications for
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their past performance, experience, personnel, design ability, references, workload, and responses to questions posed both in the shortlist and interview phases. The Selection Committee may reject all proposals and stop the selection process at any time.
Applicants desiring to provide professional services for the project shall submit a proposal only after thoroughly reviewing the facilities program, Project Fact Sheet, and other background information. The proposal shall be limited to 40 single-sided, consecutively-numbered pages and shall include:
1. A Letter of Application that concisely illustrates the applicant’s understanding of the scope of services, design intent, and other goals and considerations as outlined in the Project Fact Sheet and facilities program.
2. Company information and signed certification.
3. A completed, project-specific “Professional Qualifications Supplement” (PQS) proposal with signed certification. Applications on any other form will not be considered.
4. Resumes and copies of the applicant's current Professional Registration Certificate(s) from the appropriate governing board, corporate charter(s) if applicable, LEED certification, and other pertinent credentials.
At the time of application, the applicant must posses current design Professional Registration Certificate(s) from the appropriate governing board; must be properly registered to practice its profession in the State of Florida; and, if the applicant is a corporation, must be chartered by the Florida Department of State to operate in Florida. As required by Section 287.133, Florida Statutes, an applicant may not submit a proposal for this project if it is on the convicted vendor list for a public entity crime committed within the past 36 months. The selected professional must warrant that it will neither utilize the services of, nor contract with, any supplier, subcontractor, or consultant in excess of $15,000.00 in connection with this project for a period of 36 months from the date of their being placed on the convicted vendor list.
Unsigned proposals or proposals containing expired or invalid licenses will be disqualified. Submittal materials will not be returned.
The project-specific PQS form, instructions, Project Fact Sheet, facilities program, UF Design Services Guide, UF Construction Standards, standard University of Florida Owner-Professional agreement, and other project and process information can be found on the Facilities Planning & Construction website.
Finalists may be provided with supplemental interview requirements and criteria as needed.
Provide the number of copies prescribed in the Project Fact Sheet. Submittals must be received in the Facilities Planning and Construction office by (Local Time), on
Physical Plant Division
Internet:www.ppd.ufl.edu and www.facilities.ufl.edu