PROCUREMENT OF PROFESSIONAL MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, AND PLUMBING ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR CONTINUING CONTRACTS
The Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind (FSDB) requests qualifications from Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing engineering firms to provide basic engineering services for Continuing Contracts. The firms selected under the Continuing Contracts will be responsible for assigned facility projects having estimated construction costs and study fees not exceeding $1,000,000 (construction) and $50,000 (study fees) respectively, as provided for in Section 287.055, Florida Statutes. The contracts will have an initial period of one year with the option to renew for two additional one-year periods. Selection of finalists will be held in accordance with Section 287.055, Florida Statutes.
Firms interested in being considered for the Continuing Contracts must submit five (5) copies of their application with table of contents and tabbed sections containing the following information:
1. Letter of interest detailing the firm’s competence in various aspects of engineering, including small projects, remodeling, additions, studies, instructional and governmental projects. Include a list of sample projects.
2. A current Professional Qualifications Supplement (PQS) Form AE12 completed by the applicant.
3. A copy of the firm’s current Florida Professional Registration License Renewal.
4. For Corporations only: If the firm offering services is a corporation, it must be properly chartered with the Department of State to operate in Florida and must provide a copy of the firm’s current Florida Corporate Charter Certificate showing validation date and designation of professionals qualifying the corporation to practice in the disciplines for which it is applying.
5. A current, completed SF-254.
6. A current, completed SF-255, with resumes of proposed personnel to be assigned.
Submittals must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. (Local Time), Monday, June 18, 2007, and should be mailed or delivered to: Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind, Attn: Mr. John Connor, Purchasing Director, Stores and Receiving, Building 28, 207 N. San Marco Ave., St. Augustine, FL 32084-2799. Facsimile (FAX) submittals are not acceptable and will not be considered.
The results of the short-list and final selection will be posted at FSDB, Purchasing Department, 207 N. San Marco Ave., Stores and Receiving, Building 28, St. Augustine, FL, and may be viewed during regular working days between the hours of 7:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. beginning 24 hours after the selection. Final selection results will also be posted in the F.A.W. Firms must be properly registered at the time of application to practice their profession in the State of Florida. Applications that do not comply with these instructions or those that do not include the requested data may not be considered. Information received will be maintained with the project file and will not be returned. Any protests of the selection must be made within 72 hours of the posting. Failure to file a protest within 72 hours (not including Saturday, Sunday, or a legal holiday) after posting shall constitute a waiver of proceedings under Chapter 120, Florida Statutes. Applicants are advised that plans and specifications for projects may be reused.