Closing Date/Time: March 30, 2012, 5:00 p.m. (EST)
Summary of Duties: This is an annual contractual position; however, the appointment is as the Chief Executive Officer of the Withlacoochee Regional Water Supply Authority. The position is referred to as the Executive Director and reports directly to the Board of Directors of the Authority. The position includes daily direction and operating responsibility, including managing all of the Authority’s consulting contracts and project contracts as well as budgeting and financial responsibility. The Executive Director is responsible for organizing and preparing the monthly Board meeting agenda and ensuring minutes of the meeting are prepared. The Executive Director functions as the principal agent of the 18-member Board of Directors in recommending and implementing policies the Board adopts and also participates in Authority activities and performs other duties as needed.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in political science, business administration, public administration or management, or in a technical field related to water resources/water supply AND ten year’s progressively responsible, related experience, INCLUDING at least five years’ experience in a senior-level management capacity OR an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· Demonstrated strong leadership, management, communication and diplomacy skills are required.
· Possession of a valid Florida Driver License upon signing of contract is required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of water resource-related issues, resource management, regulation and conservation theory and practice or education or experience in engineering, science or water-resource related field is required.
· Masters or higher-level education or professional accreditation in business, management, public administration or other applicable degree field is preferred.
· Applicants are subject to a background check.
Appointment Conditions: The Executive Director is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Authority Board of Directors. The position is an annual contractual arrangement in which the consulting Executive Director is NOT an employee of the Board, but a consultant. Conditions of employment and remuneration are subject to contract negotiations. Applicants must live either in the four-county regional area or within short commuting distance outside the region such that daily access to the office in Lecanto and/or to events within the region are possible.
To Apply for this Position: To receive consideration as an applicant, interested candidates must submit the following:
1. A cover letter summarizing interest in the position and relevant qualifications;
2. A current resume;
3. The names, addresses and telephone numbers of five references at least three of which must be work-related.
If you have questions, call: (352)527-5795. Submittals may be made by mail, email, or fax to the following address: WRWSA, 3600 W. Sovereign Path, Ste. 228, Lecanto, FL 34461, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: (352)527-5797.