NOTICE TO PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANTS
Florida Atlantic University, on behalf of its Board of Trustees, announces that Professional Services in the discipline of Architecture/Engineer, will be required for the project listed below:
Project No. BT-646
Project and Location: Located on Florida Atlantic University’s Boca Raton Campus on the south side of campus in close proximity to the freshman housing units. The specific project site will be identified during the master planning phase of the design.
The total construction budget is approximately $31,000,000, and is to be designed to a LEED silver certification level. The scope includes the design of approximately six hundred (600) beds with a variety of suites, including two double bedroom suites, and four single bedroom suites. Each suite should also include two full bathrooms. This project also calls for two full-time staff residences to be incorporated into the design as well as a dining facility. The selected firm will provide site master planning, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration for the referenced project. This project will be delivered via a construction manager at risk. Blanket professional liability insurance will be required for this project in the amount of $1,000,000 and will be provided as a part of Basic Services.
Firms desiring to apply for consideration shall submit a letter of application.
The letter of application should have attached:
1. A completed “Florida Atlantic University Professional Qualifications Supplement” (FAUPQS Revised August 2008). Applications on any other form may not be considered.
Selection of finalists for interview will be made on the basis of professional qualifications, including experience and ability; past experience; design ability; volume of work; and distance from project.
2. A copy of the applicant’s current Professional Registration Certificate from the appropriate governing board. An applicant must be properly registered at the time of application to practice its profession in the State of Florida. If the applicant is a corporation, it must be chartered by the Florida Department of State to operate in Florida.
Submit 6 bound sets of the above requested data bound in the order listed above. Applications which do not comply with the above instructions may be disqualified. Application materials will not be returned. The plans and specifications for the State of Florida University projects are subject to reuse in accordance with the provisions of Section 287.055, Florida Statutes. As required by Section 287.133, Florida Statutes, a consultant may not submit a proposal for this project if it is on the convicted vendor list for a public entity crime committed within the past 36 months. The selected consultant must warrant that it will neither utilize the services of, nor contract with, any supplier, subcontractor, or consultant in excess of $15,000.00 in connection with this project for a period of 36 months from the date of their being placed on the convicted vendor list.
Sole Point of Contact: The FAU Professional Qualifications Supplement, the Project Fact Sheet, and the approved Facilities Program are available online at http://wise.fau.edu/facilities/uavp/AE-CM-advertise-home.php or by contacting the University’s Sole Point of Contact for this project, Lyn Forster, Project Manager, Bldg. 69, room 107 on the Boca Raton campus, (561)297-0821 or email@example.com. From the date of issuance of this Notice until a final selection of a consultant is made or a notice of cancellation is posted, the consultant must not make available or discuss its proposal, or any part thereof, with any member of the Selection Committee, unless permitted by the Sole Point of Contact, in writing, for purposes of clarification only, as set forth herein. Any individual associated with a consultant who contacts members of the Selection Committee, regarding any aspect of this project, whether such contact be in person, telephone, or through electronic or written correspondence, may be determined to have violated the terms and conditions of this solicitation. If that determination is made, any proposal received from such an individual OR their company may be rejected as non-responsive and not subject to evaluation. If there are any changes or additions to the Sole Point of Contact information at any time in the process, participating consultants will be notified via an addendum to the Notice.
Questions regarding the Notice and/or process should be submitted via fax or email to the Sole Point of Contact. No oral communications shall be considered as a change to the Notice.
FAU may respond to questions deemed by the University to be material in nature via a written addendum to the Notice. Interpretation of the wording of this document shall be the responsibility of the FAU and that interpretation shall be final.
All postings referred to in this Notice will be posted electronically on the FAU Facilities website: http://wise.fau.edu/facilities/uavp/AE-CM-advertise-home.php. At all times it shall remain the responsibility of the consultants participating in this solicitation to check the postings at the Campus Operations Building CO#69 directory and/or the Purchasing Department in the Administration Building. No further notice will be given.
Six (6) bound sets of the required proposal data shall be submitted to the Office of Facilities Planning, Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, Campus Operations Building #69-Room 107, Boca Raton, Florida 33431 by 5:00 p.m. local time, on Wednesday, January 18, 2012. Facsimile (FAX) submittals are not acceptable and will not be considered.
PROJECT FACT SHEET
600 Bed Residence Hall BT-646
Florida Atlantic University
Boca Raton Campus
The project consists of the design of approximately six hundred (600) beds with a variety of suites, including two double bedroom suites, and four single bedroom suites. Each suite should also include two full bathrooms. This project also calls for two full-time staff residences to be incorporated into the design as well as a dining facility. The selected firm will provide site master planning, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration for the referenced project and should be designed to a LEED silver certification level.
This facility will be constructed using the Construction Manager at Risk delivery process.
The Construction budget is approximately $31,000,000.
Firms will be evaluated in the following areas: current workload, location, past performance, volume of state work, design ability, and experience and ability. Experience and ability scores will be based on the following criteria:
1. Experience of firm and individual members of the design team with project of similar size and program.
2. Experience of firm and individual members of the design team in planning, designing, estimating, and construction administration of projects similar in size and budget. Site examples of projects within the past five-year, including the ability to meet aggressive time and budget constraints.
3. Experience in campus planning, educational facilities and working with committees.
Tom Donaudy, University Architect and Vice President for Facilities
Azita Dashtaki, Associate Vice President, Facilities
Bob Richman, Director, Facilities Planning
Jim Baker, Director, Engineering & Utilities
Scott Baruch, Associate Director, Facility Planning
Jill Eckardt, Director, University Housing
The anticipated schedule for selection, award, and negotiation is as follows:
Submittal Due: January 18, 2012
Shortlist Meeting: TBD
Final Interviews: TBD
Contract Negotiation: TBD
1. The University is not liable for any costs incurred by the Applicants prior to the issuance of an executed contract.
2. In order to minimize the possibility of unethical pressures or influences on the recommendation of the Selection Committee, no verbal or written communication is permitted between the applicants and the members of the Selection Committee. Any questions or requests for project information must be in writing to Lyn Forster, Bldg. 69, room 107 on the Boca Raton campus, (561)297-0821 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All applicants will be notified of the results of the shortlist in writing. Finalists will be informed of the interview date and time and will be provided with additional project information, if available.
4. The Selection Committee will make a recommendation to the President of the University. All finalists will be notified in writing of the President's action. Upon approval by the President, negotiations will be conducted in accordance with Section 287.055, Florida Statutes.
5. Professional liability insurance is required for this project in the amount of $1,000,000.00.
6. A copy of the building program is available on our website at: http://wise.fau.edu/facilities/uavp/AE-CM-advertise-home.php.