64B9-4.013: Recertification; Inactive Status
64B9-4.014: Reactivation of ARNP Certificate
PURPOSE AND EFFECT: The purpose of the amendments is to permit Clinical Nurse Specialists the same opportunity to inactivate their advanced licenses that is accorded to advanced registered nurse practitioners.
SUBJECT AREA TO BE ADDRESSED: Certification.
SPECIFIC AUTHORITY: 464.006, 464.012, 464.014 FS.
LAW IMPLEMENTED: 456.036(5), 456.036(9), 464.012, 464.014, 455.711(5) FS.
IF REQUESTED IN WRITING AND NOT DEEMED UNNECESSARY BY THE AGENCY HEAD, A RULE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP WILL BE NOTICED IN THE NEXT AVAILABLE FLORIDA ADMINISTRATIVE WEEKLY.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE DEVELOPMENT AND A COPY OF THE PRELIMINARY DRAFT, IF AVAILABLE, IS: Rick Garcia, Executive Director, Board of Nursing, 4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin #C02, Tallahassee, Florida 32399
THE PRELIMINARY TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE DEVELOPMENT IS:
; Inactive Status.
(1) Upon initial certification, an ARNP shall be issued a certificate in the appropriate category. At the first and subsequent recertifications thereafter, the licensee shall, upon payment of the renewal fee provided in subsection 64B9-7.001(6), F.A.C., receive a dual RN/ARNP license/certificate.
(2) For each recertification cycle, the ARNP shall submit all of the following to the Board:
(a) Proof of malpractice insurance or exemption.
(b) Protocols or exemption.
(c) Proof of current national certification if required.
(3) Failure to recertify as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner within the time period prescribed by the Department will result in the certificate being placed on delinquent status.
(4) An ARNP may apply to place his certificate on inactive status. The application shall be made on forms provided by the Board and shall be accompanied by an application fee for inactive status as specified in subsection 64B9-7.001(7), F.A.C. Applications for inactive status will be considered only during the biennium renewal period. If the licensee seeks to have only the ARNP certificate on inactive status, the licensee will be reissued an R.N. license, provided that said R.N. licensure has been duly renewed. (5) When the Registered Nurse license of an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner is placed on inactive status, the Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner certificate will also be placed on inactive status.
Specific Authority 464.006, 464.014 FS. Law Implemented 456.036(5), 464.012, 464.014, 455.711(5) FS. History– New 8-31-80, Formerly 21O-11.27, Amended 3-19-87, Formerly 21O-11.027, 61F7-4.013, 59S-4.013, Amended 2-18-98, 4-5-00,________.
64B9-4.014 Inactive Status; Reactivation
of ARNP Certificate.
(1) An ARNP or CNS may apply to place his/her certificate on inactive status. The application shall be made on forms provided by the Board and shall be accompanied by an application fee for inactive status as specified in subsection 64B9-7.001(11)(c), F.A.C. Applications for inactive status will be considered only during the biennium renewal period. If the licensee seeks to have only the certificate on inactive status, the licensee will be reissued an R.N. license, provided that said R.N. licensure has been duly renewed.
(2) When the Registered Nurse license of an ARNP or CNS is placed on inactive status, the ARNP or CNS certificate will also be placed on inactive status.
(1) No inactive certificate may be reactivated unless the applicant holds a current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this State, and meets the requirements of Rule 64B9-4.002, F.A.C., if applicable.
(2) Reactivation of an inactive ARNP or CNS certificate or dual RN/ARNP or RN/CNS license/certificate shall be in the manner as provided in Rule 64B9-6.003, F.A.C.
(3) Documentation of active practice as a nurse practitioner or a clinical nurse specialist within the past 5 years or documentation of an ARNP or CNS refresher course to include both theoretical and clinical components must be submitted. A current Registered Nurse license under Sections 464.008, 464.009, F.S., is required for the clinical component of a refresher course.
Specific Authority 464.006, 464.012, 464.014 FS. Law Implemented 456.036(9), 464.012, 464.014 FS. History–New 8-31-80, Amended 3-16-81, 6-18-85, Formerly 21O-11.28, Amended 3-19-87, 10-21-87, Formerly 21O-11.028, Amended 12-27-93, Formerly 61F7-4.014, 59S-4.014, Amended 4-5-00,________.